- I acknowledge that participating in a half marathon, or half marathon team event can involve the risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, dehydration, course weather conditions, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and other causes.
- I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by the event organizers (such as course supervision and race safety briefings) are a service to me but not a guarantee of safety and event organizers (including officials and volunteers) provide no warranties regarding my wellbeing and safety. All competitors are asked to congregate within the Coastal Taranaki School grounds directly outside the school gymnasium on Carthew Street by 7.30 am for the race briefing or inside the gymnasium if the weather is wet. All competitors must attend this briefing.
- I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and had any health concerns and pre-existing medical conditions checked by a medical practitioner to confirm it is medically safe for me to participate.
- I agree that if I have cold or flu-like symptoms, need to be in self-isolation for any reason. I will withdraw my entry and receive a full refund.
- I agree to abide by the social distancing requirements as set out by the New Zealand Government at the time.
- I consent to receive any medical treatment, at my cost (if any), that the event organizers think necessary during or after the event. First aid will be provided on the day. The medical crew will have the final say over whether a participant is safe to continue and finish the course. If for any reason you cannot complete the event for medical reasons, please let an official know.
- I accept all risks from my participation in this event which could result in permanent injury or loss of life.
- I agree that, to the extent permissible by law, the Event organizers (including all officials and event volunteers), the sponsors, and other parties associated with the event, have no liability to me whatsoever for any direct and indirect loss (including but not limited to injury or death) sustained by me during or in any way related to my participation in the event.
- I agree to read and abide by all the safety information rules, conditions, and race instructions issued/displayed prior to the event. I further agree to follow all verbal instructions issued by race officials during the event and that I am responsible for any consequences of my failure to observe the rules and instructions.
I hereby agree that this is a drug and alcohol-free event.
I consent that any photographs/videos taken can be used by the Cape Egmont Half Marathon Committee for legitimate and reasonable promotional purposes.
Identifiable hazards: All participants must abide by the marshal’s instructions. All roads are still open. Traffic has the right of way apart from Bayly Road, which will be a one-way road for the duration of the event. Participants must not run or walk more than two abreast at any time, and on all major roads, must only run single file, passing on the left-hand side. Pay particular attention to crossing State Highway 45 between Newall and Bayly Rd. Bridges on Wiremu and Newall Road are narrow and may be congested. There is limited cell phone coverage within areas of the start and finish line. In the event of a Coast Guard emergency, competitors and spectators will be directed by marshals to allow the Coast Guard boat to exit to the boat ramp via Anglers Ave.
My accepted entry into the event will not be transferred to another entrant.
In extreme weather, the event may be cancelled at any time. In this situation, entry fees are non-refundable.
If at the time of the event Covid restrictions are in force to an extent which would mean the event is not viable, the event will be cancelled. Entrants will have the option of getting a full refund, enter the virtual half marathon, or treat it as a donation to the Taranaki Cancer Society.
Refunds for personal reasons need to be made in writing via email to the Cape Egmont Half Marathon Committee by the 18th of June 2023. And will incur a 25% administration fee to cover costs. No refunds will be made after this date.